Zulu (isiZulu) is a language of the Zulu people. Zulu means heaven or sky in the Zulu language. Zulu is the most widely spoken home language in
- Hello - Sawubona Sanibona
- How are you? - Unjani?
- I am well - Ngisaphila
- I am fine thank you - Ngisaphila ngiyabonga.
- Goodbye - Hamba kahle Sala kahle
- Good luck - Ngikufisela inhlanhla
- Yes - Yebo
- No - Cha
- Please - Ngiyakucela
- Thank you - Ngiyabonga
- Excuse me - Uxolo
- I am sorry - Ngiyaxolisa.
- I love you - Ngiyakuthanda.
- I'm okay / We're okay - Ngiyaphila / Siyaphila
- Thanks (a lot) - Ngiyabonga (kakhulu)
- What is your name? - Ngubani igama lakho?
- Go well / Stay well/goodbye - Hamba kahle / Sala kahle
- Wow! - Eish!
- I don't know - Angazi Ukhuluma
- Do you speak English? - isiNgisi na?
- I've just started learning Zulu - Ngisaqala ukufunda isiZulu
- Can I help you? - Ngingakusiza?
- Where do you stay? - Uhlala kuphi?
- Where are you from? - Uphumaphi?
- Go well / Stay well, to a group of people - Hambani kahle / Salani kahle
iNingizimu Afrika / uMzansi Afrika South Africa - - iTheku Durban - iGoli Johannesburg
- My name is... - Igama lami ngu...
- What's the time? - Isikhathi sithini?
- iKapa Cape Town - iPitoli Pretoria
No little one! you can not have Umqombothi (beer made from sorghum)
one - kunye
two - kubili
three - kuthathu
four - kune
five - kuhlanu
six - yisithupa
Seven - yisikhombisa
eight - yisishiyagalombili
nine - yisishiyagalolunye
ten - yishumi